Quality department of the canned tomato cooperative
Canned tomato in Badajoz
Since our inception, in Tomalia opt for a clear business philosophy: quality and oriented service to our clients based on research, development and innovation for more and better products in the field of canned tomatoes.
Since the production process, growing and harvesting, which ensure agricultural practices that respect the environment, to processing and packaging process, quality and food safety is monitored and supervised by the quality department at one of the most sector modern laboratorios of canned tomatoes, which analyzes the raw material, manufacturing process, packaging materials, water and the final product.
The quality department, along with the technical department, establish continuous improvement plans to ensure the safety and legality based on their APPCC system, complemented with the BRC requirements system in order to meet the requeriments of their Quality Management UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 system and the Environmental Management UNE-EN ISO 14001 system.
Certified management system certificados
- UNE-EN ISO 9001:2008: Management model that meets a set of guidelines for adequate quality.
- UNE-EN ISO 14001:2004: Reference system of environmental management
- BRC (British Retail Consortium): This standard published by British supermarket chains, BRC, requires documented approval to ensure food safety and quality.
- IFS (International Food Standard): This standard of food safety and quality is issued by the German unión supermarket chains, HDE (Hauptverband des Deutschen Einzelhandels). It has been adopted by its French equivalent, the FCD (Fédération des entreprises du Commerce et de la Distribution) and its Italian equivalent (Federdistri-buzione).
- UNE 166002:This standard was introduce to facilitate the systematization of R+D+i and improve management. Because we want to become a reference for defining, documenting and developing these projects.
- SEDEX´S MEMBER: Sedex is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains.